Nikolai - ARC Review




 This book started out very interesting! I couldn't believe how crazy things started out when they were in the night club!!  Of course the actions of that night are what set the course for the rest of this story. We meet everyone here who I think is going to be part of the rest of this series. Deacon, Carrick, Jax and Sully. Nikolai and Maddy have instant chemistry with each other and things with them advance pretty quickly. I liked that she took the time to get educated on something before she jumped in fully. Then we see how she is open to exploring things and having open communication with Nikolai. I really enjoyed this part because there is one thing that I hate is a miscommunication trope. Until there was indeed miscommunication. That was probably the most downer part of things once the story got started. Nikolai didn't seem like he could stand on anything. All it took was one whisper from one of his friends for him to be doubting everything even though he was just having an internal dialogue stating how much he was happy and ready for everything that was going to come with being with Maddy. This happens not once but twice. It really was kind of annoying to see someone who had been in the lifestyle and was committed to having good communication not have what they professed to want. The waffling just made me think that he didn't have his own mind. If anyone from the outside could come in and sway him one way or another then what would it take for someone to convince him to leave her? Like it was just not a good look. Then I was a little bit annoyed with Maddy because, this man and his indecision and inability to communicate nearly cost her, her life. Like she was inches away from being blood splatter all because he let someone else convince him of something that it appeared later on that they didn't even want either. Like it was just such a huge swing. I definitely did not appreciate how that all happened and then she just kinda forgave him after he admitted how much he cared and actually wanted to be in a real relationship. No groveling or nothing, just they were happy and back together. I was definitely wanting there to be more there. Like he definitely should have had some kind of punishment for that. 

    The spice in this book was pretty nice. I definitely have to give this about a 4 out of 5 in terms of spice. The two of them were definitely making sure that everyone in the house was aware of what was happening. There was no shame in their game. Overall, I give this book a 3 out of 5. I think if some of the extra scenes were made to be relevant to what was going on with the story then I would have been happier with how things went. Also of course there was the fact that I was not happy with how wishy washy Nikolai was. If he was willing to stand on how he felt instead of being swayed by others so easily then I would have been fine with everything else. I am curious about who is going to be next in this series. I really enjoyed the side characters even though some of them were a little annoying since they helped Nikolai with his wishy washy actions. Sully and Jax are definitely my faves! Who wouldn't like a gentle cooking and reading giant like Sully! The tech nerd that is Jax was also very interesting too! He became a good friend to not only Maddy but to me! I would recommend this series to anyone who likes the contemporary military vibes and anyone who likes ready about BDSM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?