Queen Takes Knights - Review




 So, this review is about to be completely biased. I absolutely LOVE this series and so I have nothing bad to say about it. I would and constantly do recommend this book to anyone and everyone who will give it a chance. Shara is someone who I think is an amazing character because she is someone who is not afraid to love the things and people that others would turn away. She goes against the grain with everything that she is and I love her for that. She is able to go with how she feels instead of what she is told and is "supposed" to do. Even when she doesn't know the result of what she is doing she trust herself and her blood enough to step out on faith and do those things. She is rewarded throughout this story for that. I will stick to what happens in this book in particular. After a traumatic event that happened when she was younger she is able to keep herself alive when not many other people would have been able to. This determination is something that I admire in her. A lot of people would have just given up after the event and subsequent chase that ensued but not Shara. Then the two blood that we meet in this book are some of my favorites. Alrik is someone who reminds me of myself in the beginning. He wanted something so badly and was able to find it in Shara. He is there as her protector and confidant even though when he has his first transformation, he was afraid of what she'd say. Shara is the monster queen. Every one of her men are at the top of whatever creature they are. The apex predators yet they are funny and caring. The world that is slowly being built in the first book had me hooked from the start. The idea of a people whose whole existence is based around women. They decide when and if they have children, they decide who lives and who dies. They decide which men get what. It's like a dream come true. This book is paranormal romance at it's finest. I ate these 190 pages up and I want more. I am currently listening to the audible since this is apart of my re-read fest and I sooooo wanted a full cast. I hope that there is a dramatized version of this at some point because it would be AMAZING. Getting to hear the individual voices for each of the characters would be fantastic! Not to mention getting the added benefit of hopefully hearing their creatures too.

The spice in this book, is no holds bared. Like, within the first 20 minutes of the book they are getting heavy and hot. I loved how it was tied into the story and just made things make sense to me. This is definitely more on the erotica side of romance. I'd give it a 5 for the spice. Overall, I really love this book. I think I gave it a 4 before and I'm going to leave it there after this re-read because I know that the next few books in this series are just as phenomenal! I think if you love vampire romance and why choose, that this book is going to knock it out of the park for you. The intrigue that you are left with is going to make you come back for more. You are going to want to know who is galloping towards our group. Who was the monster that she was drawing to her in chains? What's going on with the Triune and why did Shara's aunt hide the truth from her. There are so many questions that are brought up in this book and things that make you want to know those answers. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Also, I have never encountered a cover I love more than this one. It's AMAZING.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?