The Wolf's Mate - ARC Review

 



We are heading back to Mescos folks! This is not a drill! I was so happy to be back in this world! This time we are in the Lycan Forest with Hettie and Rip! We are again facing a dangerous sickness that is taking the wolf shifters out slowly. I enjoyed meeting Hettie, even though there was a few times I wanted to shake her a bit. She reminds me of Megumi from Jujutsu Kaisen (shameless anime plug). She is always willing to sacrifice herself instead of staying for the hard things and pushing through. Even though it is understandable giving what she left behind in Grym Hollow. Speaking of, I do wish we got a little bit more of her in the human realm. We weren't really able to build that connection to what she had their like we were able to with Rose. We saw her interact with her family before she left which semented her feelings for us. Instead we meet Hettie when she's already on her way out. The things that happened to her in Grym Hollow though have such a profound effect on Hettie! I did like that we kind of get that intro to the next character at the end of the book. I think we are going to be instantly diving back into Mescos. Also we get more about The Guardian! I really want to know who his love is. How does he know who to pick and put with whom. Has he had to turn away people who wanted to leave but weren't going to be mates to the Kings? I'm just so curious about him! But back to our main couple in this book. Rip is facing mishap after mishap after mishap and I just want things to work out for him. I wanted to see more of the town and see Hettie have more interactions with the people other than just the new bestie. This world has so much going on in it though. I wondered what happened to the Rogues that Rip and the others knew when they stumbled upon them near the end of the book. 

The spice in this book was hot! I don't just quantify the spice by if it's there and how much of it is there but also how the chemistry between the characters feel to me in those spicy moments. There aren't a bunch of spicy scenes in this book but each of them hit due to the way the story unfolds and how much it meant to these two characters. I give the spice a 4 out of 5. Overall, I give this book a 3 out of 5. I don't think this one is going to stick with me as much as the first one did. I felt very immersed in the first one just like Rose did. The day to day aspect of living in this new world felt more detailed in the first book than in this one. I was left with more questions in this book than in the first. I would still recommend this book to others though because I did enjoy the wolves and how Hettie and Rip ended up getting together. I am looking forward to the next book in this series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?