Captured Fate - Review

 



I was so excited to get back into this series! Only for it to let me down. I was not excited about anything that was going on. This book just felt over all depressing. Like there are dark reads but then there is this. I think there is the darkness on top of the fact that things were paced very slowly that just ended up making this entire book feel like a snoozefest. There was nothing really memorable about what happened and almost all of the new characters that we end up meeting feel kind of expendable. The whole rinse wash and repeat feel of the events that are happening just wash things out. We do get to meet Griffin who we all thought was dead up until the last book but really....his return didn't make things in this book any more...exciting. You'd think that it would since he was such a polarizing character throughout the first few books in this series but alas....no. The fact that we are back with the Guardians again is just meh and even though there is another evil by the end of this book it's just giving we're stuck again and have to manage our way out.

There was not really any spice in this book, which is understandable since they are kinda being held captive. Though there are about 2 scenes total and honestly, I could have done without them. I was glad that things were finally mended with 2 of the characters but meh. I was already half way to snoozing when that part came up. It did nothing for me. I give the spice a 2 out of 5. Overall, I think that this kind of sealed the deal for me and I'm definitely not going to continue this series. I was excited in the beginning but the fact that the shadowbloods don't ever seem to really get any wins that are solid is just...meh. It just makes everything feel kind of pointless and the growth to not really feel like growth. I want them to get established and instead start fighting the guardians to get back the kids that they know are being held captive. Actually be a threat to them despite them knowing what they are capable of. Instead of constantly being on the run, being ignorant and having this rinse, wash and repeat trap of getting caught. It makes them seem incompetent and like their powers are nearly useless. Definite 3 out of 5, and that's barely a 3. Since I'm not going to continue, I probably would not recommend this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?