End of the Month Wrap Up - July 26
This is year is more than halfway over! I can't believe it! Pretty soon it is going to be hoodie and holiday season. I can't wait! I am nearly done with my book challenge and I am so proud of myself. For some reason these last few months have been slow on the book reading front for me. I am tracking my lowest book reads for the month. I am definitely going to have to adopt the whole DNF if you aren't vibing with it rule. Some of these I definitely try to push through so I can finish the book. I am not the biggest fan of stopping a book once I've started it. However, I also think it has to do with me being a huge mood reader. I think my mood has been changing while I've been reading. Which is crazy! However, this month, I was able to finish 7 books! Let's take a look at them and them jump into the superlatives!
Favorite Character : Selene (Bedeviled) - I can't express how much I absolutely love Selene! She didn't let her small disability stop her from reaching for her dreams. Despite everything that gets thrown at her, not only did she continue to fight on but she was able to shine and make herself a known force to be reckoned with. She stood beside her man. Not in front of him and not behind him. She had his respect and didn't allow him to stop her from being great. Her growth was one for the books. Love her!
Spiciest Book : Entwined by Rebecca Quinn and Rejection by K. Loraine and Meg Anne - I couldn't really pick between these two. They are both why choose reads and there is quite a bit of spice in these ones. I will say that Rejection probably had a little bit more than Entwined. However, Entwined was also a big book. It had more of a story to tell since it was closing out a series. However, they both will give you a heavy dose of spice!
Best Storyline : A Court This Cruel and Lovely by Stacia Stark- This was another one that was close between two books but I think what really put this one over for me, was the fact that I didn't have the reveal down. I knew there was something going on with Lorian and his crew but I wasn't exactly sure. Then the reveal of who Prisca really was, was another one that I didn't expect. I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to continue with this series.
Best Cover : Entwined by Rebecca Quinn- This one was hard because all of these have pretty abstract covers minus The Ritual and Rejection. I didn't care for the people covers for those ones so that left me with trying to decide which one of the abstract covers represented their stories the best. For me it was definitely Entwined. The snake and the apple....yup perfect. It all matched with what the story was telling. I could appreciate that.
Best Narration : Rejection by K. Loraine and Meg Anne, and Entwined by Rebecca Quinn - Here we are again with these two. What do they have in common? A full cast narration! I love getting a chance to attach a character to a voice. It makes differentiating certain conversation points easier. So, I have thoroughly enjoyed both of these. More full cast narrations please!
Top Baddie : Eislyn (Bedeviled) - This lady held onto a grudge and evil plan for over 2 centuries. She managed to negatively affect a whole line of people for hundreds of years. Then she made a couple experience death twice nearly three times due to her scheming. She is the queen of not letting things go. She could have made things great for herself on this side of the realms. Instead she decided to ruin so many peoples lives. She definitely got what she deserves thanks to my faves Memnon and Selene.
Author of the Month : Laura Thalassa - I can not express enough how impressed I am with this author. From the first book in this series to this last one, she managed to keep my interest and tell a compelling story. Every series that I have read from her has had a lasting impression on me. Whether it's the characters, the world or the challenges that the characters faced and overcame. I have loved every single one of them. So I had to give her, her props as she once again ended a great series with am even better book!
Book of the Month : Bedeviled by Laura Thalassa - I really loved this book. From meeting Selene's parents to how things wrapped up with the story, everything was just amazing. I really enjoyed getting this wrap up for Selene and Memnon. I hope we get a chance to revisit this world and these characters at some point. They have so much to give and I hope that everyone gets a chance to enjoy this series. This book comes out on the 18th of this month which means you still have time to read the first 3 books in this series before this one drops! Yes, even the novella because it was amazing too.





Comments
Post a Comment