Sweet Briar- ARC Review


This book was short and sweet! This was a delicious retelling of Sleeping Beauty! I admit I do love this version much better than the Disney version we got. Briar, was cursed to wait until she experienced truth loves kiss and embraced her truth to be awakened fully. I loved that it told that as a princess she didn't have be a damsel and just take what the world gave her. If she wanted it she would have to fight for it. Same could be said of Killian. He was someone used to fighting but he never fought for himself, only for others. They both had to face this in order to get their true happy ever after. 

The spice in this book was nice. There wasn't much since it was a short and quick story but it was still good! 3 out of 5 on the spice scale! Overall I'd give this a 4 out of 5. It was a good read that told the story short and sweet. There were some minor inconsistencies with the continuity but I chalk it up to space in-between writing. It didn't detract much from the story. Which was told nicely in the pages we are given. I'd recommend this to anyone who needs a quick, spicy read and enjoys retellings!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?